Monday, April 7, 2014

Reply to mosichat

   I hate it when someone comments on a blog post and there is no way to reply to them. Such is the case with "mosichat". He didn't like my blog post Ray Boltz, Kirk Talley, and the Struggle. He commented, and I'd like to reply, but there is no way to, so I am going to give a short reply on here. Since I don't know that he will see it, I will keep it short. First, his comment, then my reply:
Comment from a physician:
From a medical perspective, this is the classic example of "ego-dystonic" homosexuality or gay people who struggle with their homosexuality. Thus far, it is thought that "gay" or "straight" behavior develops @ about 10 - 12 weeks when baby is in the womb. Geneticist believe that epi-genetics plays a key role in this issue, thus no "Gay" gene. In any case, gay people had no "choice" in deciding sexual proclivities. That's why repeated attempts at "reversing" homosexual attraction have proven unsuccessful over time.
I have many patients who are teachers, physicians, attorneys, judges, factory workers, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters who are "gay." Fortunately only one or two have had serious "ego-dystonic" issues regarding their sexuality. But I'm really surprised how hateful and "proud" that "Christians" are to condemn one another. Hate mongers as Santorum, Rev. Phelps, Falwell, Lahaye, etc have contributed directly to self deprecation and suicide of our youth. Shame on you! Where is your sense of "love?" Doesn't it say somewhere - "...and the GREATEST of these is LOVE."


Mr. "Mosichat": did you miss the part where I struggle with same-sex attractions? That I have gone so far down the road of gay sex and all that comes with it, that I feared I could never come back?

So how is it hateful for me, someone who is trying to overcome my sin of homosexuality, to talk about being disappointed in a Christian singer who tossed his wedding vows out the window, left his wife, and went off to live the gay lifestyle because God didn't take the temptations and desires away?

Did you get that? I struggle with homosexuality!!!!  I am not some judgmental person who has no clue what it is like. I know more what it is like than you do. So shame on you for attacking me.

And it doesn't matter if we are born this way or not. We are all born sinners with a bent to sin. God isn't OK with us pursuing any other sin instead of obeying His Word, why would He be OK with us pursuing homosexuality?

  I have plenty more to say, but since you may never see this, I'll leave it at that. But I am beyond shocked you could accuse me of being hateful for wanting others to be free from this sin that had about destroyed me. Homosexuality is not good. And you sir, are doing more harm by encouraging people to pursue it, than the people you accuse of doing harm by fighting it.

No comments: