Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Taking a step

I took a small step tonight, though when you consider it has been at least 2 years since I did it, maybe it wasn't that small of a step. I read my Bible. Yeah, it has been at least 2 years since I read it, other than reading along with the preacher in church. I only read a few verses, but I did read my Bible:
Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

And two others:
John 3:16-17
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

My depression has been at a low ebb lately, which has probably played into it, but God doesn't seem as far away now as He has seemed for so long. I've even been trying to work on believing God does love me.

God can use anything. One thing He has used is the recent shooting in Colorado. The thought hit me that as horrible as that was, as evil as the kid is that did it - God loves Him, and would save his soul if he repented. The thought hit me, if God loves a murderer, why wouldn't He love me. Of course the devil threw up the usual arguments, so I am not there yet.

I feel God has been speaking to me lately about stuff. It has sparked some hope in me that maybe there is still hope for me. And that He still has a plan for my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know...I was attempting to look up lyrics to everyone has a Nineveh (sadly I was unsuccessful) however I wouldn't necessarily call it "unsuccessful" because you see, google found me your blog. I read your blog about Jonah and almost as if God had control of my hand and slide my finger so I would read the post before it and well then I just kept reading and reading. I agree so much with what you have to say! It is so true. Every single word you say about something that would seem so strange to talk about. I just wish there were more Christians like you and the pastor you talked about in the other blog that showed the love and compassion of Jesus Christ to all the sinners. Jesus is a friend of sinners. He died while we were still sinners and messed up, not when we had our acts together. I hope you realize what God is doing in your life and I hope you realize how much of an impact your blog made on my own life. -a friend in Christ