Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Feeling thankful

   I have been feeling very thankful lately, and have been doing a lot of thinking. I just got a job, and from all appearances, it will be a good one and should be something I will enjoy. It starts out part time, which will be 32 hours, most likely less if they subtract lunch, but it should be full time after a while.

  I quit my last "real" job back in August, and other than borrowing $200 from friends for Christmas, I have not run out of money. I had a job for about 8 weeks that I hated, but that even helped build my cash up, and most recently, a friend has needed help at her business due to someone else getting injured in an accident. I almost feel bad for feeling thankful, but it has helped me a lot. I worked 5 days for her last week, 2 so far this week - would have been more except for training for my new job - and am doing 2 more days for her this week. They are mostly 4-5 hour days, but I did have one that was 8 1/2, but it has added up and helped, and here I am about to start a new job, and still have money......

  These last 5 years have been bad for me, and has been nothing like I wanted my life to be, but had I done more to keep positive, and not gotten so easily depressed and discouraged, I may have come through them better off. I am still struggling with the issue of God's love, but when I look at the facts above, it makes me wonder if He hasn't been taking care of me all along, even when I am in the spiritual state that I am in. I'm going on 10 months since I quit my job, and other than 8 weeks at the job I tried, I have been jobless...... other than helping my friend on holidays and this time because of n accident..... I'm amazed I haven't run out of money. Maybe it was God.

   I start the new job next week, and am looking forward to it. Not everything is ideal: It is further than I'd like to drive, 30 mile or so, 48 minutes according to Mapquest, and after my first two weeks - in which I will be filling in for a guy on military leave - my normal schedule will be working every Sunday 6am-2pm. I don't like to work Sundays, especially missing morning church, but it sounds like that could change at some point. I told the man who will be my supervisor that I'm willing to work whenever, but would prefer not to work every Sunday if that could change at some point, and he said they should be able to work something out.

  The job is more an hour than I have ever made, and is $2 more an hour than the job I quit in August, and  they seem really nice, seem to want to treat their workers well, which is a plus. I am a bit nervous about starting a new job, but I believe this is the one for me, and am looking forward to it.

  If all goes well, and it does turn to full time, I am planning on getting my own place again and hopefully moving closer to where I work so it isn't as far of a drive. But I'm not crossing that bridge until I get to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, good news! God enabled you to live and still have money to live. Praying the new job works out great.

DJ said...

I am still struggling with the issue of God's love, but when I look at the facts above, it makes me wonder if He hasn't been taking care of me all along, even when I am in the spiritual state that I am in.

I loved that comment you made. Of course, He totally has been taking care of you. Once you start looking for His love and care, you start seeing it everywhere. He isn't abandoning you just because you've been ignoring Him. WE would do that to people in our life because we are human, but He doesn't do that to us. He's trying to get our attention and He doesn't only do that by threatening us on Saturday night at camp meeting. ;) (go on Tuesday night to keep your family happy, if you need to. LOL - of course, the downside to that is that Saturday night is the best social night for seeing old friends. ha ha)

Keeping you in my prayers! I think your new job sounds awesome, btw!