Saturday, June 1, 2013

Not Quite Healed, book suggestion

I was never molested as a kid, though there were some incidents in school with boys my age and a few years older that probably helped set the gay stuff in motion, won't go into that now, but I wouldn't call it abuse like young boys get from adults. I ran across this book and had a chance to review it: Not Quite Healed: 40 Truths for Male Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Cecil Murphy and Gary Roe.

Even though I was never molested, there are a lot of similarities in the feelings about God and themselves that I had with the authors. Its a book that anyone struggling with same-sex attraction, especially those who have given in, might want to check out.

Book description:

How are sexual abuse survivors to overcome the challenges they are sure to face? Finding strength in
community with other survivors is one key to recovery. In Not Quite Healed, two survivors join forces to share insight and encouragement on the issues that challenge them most. After a candid discussion about each issue, the authors provide a self-affirming statement that men can study, memorize, and recite on their darkest days.

No comments: