Sunday, June 23, 2013

My big "wow" moment

  This is a shorter blog post than usual, as I don't have much time before I need to get ready for work. I just was so wowed by something, that I wanted to share it on here. It has to do with a recent blog post I did, June update. In the blog post, I mentioned reading a book that had really encouraged and convicted me. The author of that book had recently "just happened" on my blog, and read that blog post. I will paste her comment below, but I am so amazed, and it was such an encouragement to me. God does care about us all, even me. The odds of this happening with all the blogs on the web are so slim, it had to be God. He is good indeed. And I am glad she decided to comment.

I've debated whether to leave a comment or not...but I just don't believe in coincidences! A few weeks back I clicked the "next blog" button on a blog I was reading and after a few times doing that, I ended up on your blog. I'm not sure what prompted me to bookmark your blog or to return a couple of times each week to see if there was a new post. I think perhaps it was your honesty and forthrightness about what you're struggling with. Not just homosexuality but your struggles with your view of God as well. Tonight I came to your blog weighed down by my own struggles and discouraged on a lot of fronts. I began to read the most recent one and then continued down, figuring I'd read til I hit the one I last read. When I got to this blog post, I just about fell over in shock. You see, I am the author of the book you mentioned here. Faith, Hope and Love. I had to read that section of your blog a couple of times to make sure I wasn't imagining things. And I even cried a little as I read that God had somehow used the words of such a deeply flawed, struggling person like me, to encourage someone else. Your words have been an encouragement to me, so I'm glad that something I wrote could have encouraged you as well. God works in mysterious ways sometimes! Take care!

No comments: