Sunday, June 9, 2013

From my rags to His riches

A new song that came across my path. I'm loving it, even though the reality of the song isn't true for me yet, it gives me hope:

From My Rags to His Riches

Verse 1

I sat beside the road of life and watched it pass me by

I begged for crumbs of charity but no one heard my cry

And when it seemed my destiny was that I would surely lose

The Savior came and offered me what I could not refuse

Chorus:
From my rags to His riches, He made an even trade

His beauty for my ashes, and I love the deal He made

Now I feel like a millionaire, all my cares He carried away

I went from rags to His riches on that day.

Verse 2

Where I had conflict in my life, now I am rich in peace

And though I lived in doubt and fear, I have reason to believe

Now I have wealth that goes beyond all the silver and the gold

And I can’t believe He gave to me a new life for my old.



No comments: